The holidays are a time of giving. People scramble around, rushing from store to store, spending hours online, scouring newspaper ads—just to find the perfect gift for a loved one. It’s a wonderful time of year when we tend to appreciate our relationships and thank those who mean so much to us.
Ironically, because it is so busy, it’s also a time of year when people get a little grouchy and surly with each other. We tend to snap at people, even our loved ones. We often fill every free moment with preparations or celebrations, and leave little time to relax with family and friends to feel the joy of the season.
The best gifts you can give to your loved ones don’t cost money. They do take effort, but they will make a huge impact. What more could you want: free gifts with a huge, lasting impact?!
Here are my top 5 free gifts for the holidays:
- Smile and be pleasant. This can take work, especially during the holidays, but it will make someone’s day and improve yours at the same time.
- Spread only good news (not just about other people, but about everything!) There’s always plenty of bad news to talk about, just give it a rest until January.
- Spread holiday cheer (wish people well, go caroling, decorate, visit neighbors, participate in community holiday events).
- Set aside time for family and loved ones. Why not set aside at least one “family night” where you don’t have anything planned. Turn off the TV and just enjoy talking. Relive happy memories of holidays past, share stories, play games, laugh and love.
- Do a random act of anonymous service. Whether you do it alone or as a family, nothing brings the holiday spirit better than serving someone else quietly, without credit or fanfare.
From all of the MindPerk team, we want to thank you for a wonderful year. It has been our pleasure serving you with products and information to make your personal and professional life better. We wish you a happy and prosperous 2012.