Make Every Conversation an Opportunity for Success
Do your conversations die before they even get off the ground? Do you wish you felt more comfortable “mingling” at social and business get-togethers? Are you afraid of saying something dumb . . . or being rejected . . . or feeling like an intruder?
This program will help you to come across as composed and self-assured when talking to people or entertaining clients at conventions, trade shows and other work-related functions. You’ll also feel more at ease at parties, interviews, networking events, meetings, and receptions. Now you can engage anyone in conversation with poise and confidence. You’ll learn how to start a conversation, keep it going, build rapport, and leave a positive impression.
- Learn a series of techniques to overcome your fears and move from being a passive bystander to an active participant
- How to use “tag lines,” body language, and small talk to make a positive, lasting impression
- Five ways to remember and use the most important work in the art of conversation—the person’s name
- How to approach people and introduce yourself
- Proven techniques and ice breakers for engaging others in conversation
- How to avoid uncomfortable pauses and awkward silences
- Three essential listening skills that will make you a more attentive and responsive conversationalist
- 9 common conversation killers
- And more
Many people think of “small talk” as frivolous, silly, even time-waisting. The fact is, small talk can be a powerful conversation tool if you know how to use it correctly. Small talk helps you meet people easily and introduce yourself naturally. You’ll gracefully shift from one topic to another, and keep people involved in what you’re saying.
Debra fine is a former engineer who lurked in corners when she wasn’t avoiding social situations all together. Now, a nationally recognized speaker, trainer and author, Debra developed her program “The Fine Art of Small Talk” to teach conversational skills and techniques to individuals and organizations all over the world.