How do you feel when you gave something your best shot and it didn’t work out as planned. It’s easy to name a project “dead” or “a failure!” But is it really? Try asking yourself these questions:
- Did I learn something valuable in the process that I can use in the future?
- Did this “failure” help me to change the direction of my efforts toward a more positive course?
- Can I inspire myself and others by looking back on this “failure” with humor and perspective?
- Was I able to practice skills and improve techniques while working on this “failure” and thereby improve personally?
- In spite of the failure, am I better off today than I would have been had I done nothing?
“The individual who is mistake-free is also probably sitting around doing nothing. And that is a very big mistake!”