How Good Organizations Can be Turned Into Great Ones
Over the course of 5 years, business researcher Jim Collins determined to find the top keys to organizational greatness. He and his team read and coded 6,000 articles, generated more than 2,000 pages of interview transcripts, and analyzed the performance history of 28 companies. In the process, they discovered the secrets to help any company produce long-term superiority and go from good to great?
The astounding insights revealed in this study include:
- Level 5 Leadership: A surprising style, required for greatness.
- The Hedgehog Concept: Finding your three circles, to transcend the curse of competence.
- A Culture of Discipline: The alchemy of great results.
- Technology Accelerators: How good-to-great companies think differently about technology.
- The Flywheel and the Doom Loop: Why those who do frequent restructuring fail to make the leap.
At the heart of the good to great philosophy is the creation of a company culture that promotes organized discipline. Collins’ insights are astoundingly simple, yet revolutionary in that they build upon each other to foster uncommon success.
Good to Great is a must have reference tool for business leaders and thinkers in every industry.